Saturn V Mass Properties
a***@flash.net
2006-03-31 13:55:25 UTC
Anyone know where to find the mass properties of a 'stacked' Apollo
Saturn V mission?
Dimension I can find, but center of mass and moment of inertia tensors
vehicle by vehicle, are not on the obvious sites, maybe it is on the
NASA Technical Report Server but I can't find it.
Rusty
2006-03-31 14:37:45 UTC
a***@flash.net
2006-04-03 13:41:04 UTC
Looked thru those and didn't see an inertia matrices.
Robert Conley
2006-04-03 15:29:58 UTC
Go to the forum on my site and ask on the NASSP Apollo programming
forum. One of the guys dug it up a while ago as they needed to
accurately simulate the ascent of the Saturn V stack.

The source code is avaliable you could look up any of the other
physical parameters as well.

http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/phpBB2
http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=bb8cc2cb0ccf847f1132fe2b4daad4d4

Enjoy
Robert Conley
Robert Conley
2006-04-03 21:43:39 UTC
I found the reference document you need it is at

The CSM/LEM Operational Data Book

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19730060772_1973060772.pdf